Friday, July 11, 2008

Andy Aplikowski Just Plain Makes Stuff Up

Andy Aplikowski publishes posts on The True North blog and another called Residual Forces. I haven't read too much of his stuff but it's so unbelievable the Onion must take notes. One needs to look no further than the graphic he dittoed blaming high gas prices on Pelosi.

He also decided to take a dip into the race in 51A to defend Republican Tim “Where’s The Beef?” Sanders.

Hilarity ensues.

In the screed that spins the race for the GOP in Blaine, Aplikowski claims: “Sander's fundraising and doorknocking are well ahead of schedule and far outpacing his Democrat opponent.”

I am going to out on limb here and say that is made up. There is NO WAY you could prove this one way or another. I would be very interested to see how he could factually back this up. Unless the MN Secretary of State has some super-secret website that keeps track of Legislative door to door activity and how many people got “stickered” along a parade route, I think I am safe in saying this is total nonsense.

At least Sander's oppenent, Shawn Hamilton, has proof he actually has been door to door.

My favorite part about the post is that he sets its goals so low that he only hopes to be: “decreasing the Democrat majority” and not retaking the House In November (emphasis his & I love the abuse of the word "Democrat" instead of "Democratic").

I'll give Aplikowski props for actually using his name as a blogger but that could be made up too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, residents of Blaine...we need to keep a DFLer in this seat!